Bolette & Borealis
- More space throughout the ships
- Original artwork and premium décor
- An all-weather swimming pool with a retractable roof
- A wide choice of restaurants, lounges and bars
- More balcony cabins and suites
- Culinary demonstration and wine tasting venues
- A classic two-tiered theatre
- Dedicated meeting spaces, perfect for groups
- Additional spa facilities including a thermal suite, hydrotherapy pool and more treatment rooms
We are very excited to let you know that Fred. Olsen's new ships will be on sale soon:
Bolette - 7th September
Borealis - 15th September
And that they intend for Braemar, Borealis and Bolette to start sailing from March and April 2021, and Balmoral even sooner!
When they return to the waters in 2021 their new ships Bolette and Borealis will be taking on itineraries sailing from UK ports for sister ships Black Watch and Boudicca, which have retired from our fleet. Both vessels have served Fred. Olsen very well over the years and we know they are dearly loved by many of our guests.
Fred. Olsen are delighted to be introducing two new vessels to the fleet. Bolette and Borealis, both carrying less than 1,400 guests, fit perfectly with their small ship ethos and we can't wait for them to set sail.
Named Bolette, after Fred. Olsen Junior’s great-great-grandmother, and Fred. Olsen Senior’s great-grandmother. She was married to one of the original Olsen brothers behind the business, Petter Olsen, and was extremely well regarded in her community. There is a church in Hvitsten in Norway, where the Olsen’s family live, that she helped to build and gifted to the village. The family have had many ships named after her.
The Olsen’s used to have a ship called Borealis in their fleet many years ago, in 1948, long before they became a cruise line. The name ties in well with our company heritage stemming from Norway, with so many people going in search of the Northern Lights – the Aurora Borealis – with us, and celebrates the romanticism of cruising.
Watch the video above for the latest announcement from Chairman, Fred. Olsen Jnr.