Canada in the Fall cruise
- Cruise to Canada in the fall and be immersed in seasonal splendour of one of the world’s most beautiful countries, as its landscapes bathe in hues of brown, yellow and red foliage.
- Experience Canadian beauty at its best during three days of discovery in Quebec province, where Forillon National Park, and the Manicouagan Uapishka Biosphere Reserve await.
- Elsewhere, there is time to revel in Newfoundland’s old world charm and unspoilt countryside scenes; explore Nova Scotia’s Cape Breton Highlands; and enjoy a journey along the fjord-like Saguenay River.
28th Sep 2022 - 19 nights - Sails from Liverpool - Borealis S2226
In less than three weeks, you’ll sail between a collection of destinations picked for their natural beauty, with forest, trails and natural parks within reach for opportunities to go ‘leaf peeping’ and experience Canada at its breathtaking best. The centrepiece of this one-of-a-kind itinerary is three memorable days of discovery in Quebec province. The city of Gaspé is your gateway to the forested valleys and cliffs of Forillon National Park, while the rugged scenery of Manicouagan Uapishka Biosphere Reserve surrounds Baie-Comeau, and begs for exploration. There’s also a day in classical Quebec City, where the icons of the UNESCO-listed Old City, such as the grand Château Frontenac and Cathedral-Basilica of Notre-Dame de Québec await. For another display of spectacular fall foliage, take a tour to the Laurentian Mountains – one of the best places to observe Canada’s natural beauty.
Elsewhere in Canada, there are two visits to the state of Newfoundland, brimming with old world charm and the beauty of picturesque countryside and coastlines. At St John’s, the views on offer from Signal Hill are not to be missed, especially at this time of the year, and Cape Spear – Canada’s easternmost point – is a short journey away. Meanwhile, a visit to Corner Brook is a chance to follow in Captain Cook’s footsteps and explore the city’s stunning shores; or opt to tour to the vibrant, UNESCO-listed Gros Morne National Park. In Nova Scotia, Sydney is perfectly placed for explorations of the Cape Breton Highlands and, if all that’s not enough, you’ll take a journey along the Saguenay River and appreciate fjord-like landscapes from your ship, plus visit Port Saguenay for tours to the beautiful Saguenay Fjord National Park. Before returning to Liverpool you will have the chance to visit Belfast, Northern Ireland’s capital, for one last day of exploration and learn about the city’s deep maritime connection.
- Comfortable, stylish cabins and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet