California and the Golden West
8 excursions & visits
- Tours of Hollywood, San Diego and San Francisco (including Golden Gate Bridge)
- Visits to the artist colony of Sedona; and the Old Silver Mining Town of Calico
- Park entrance fees for Grand Canyon and Yosemite national parks
- Williams Depot and shoot-out re-enactment
2 days free time
- Enjoy time to explore independently, relax at your hotel, join our optional excursions or ask your tour manager for their recommendations.
This departure follows a shorter itinerary than our standard tour, concluding in the legendary ‘City by the Bay’, San Francisco. One of the longest running of our original holidays, our escorted tours to California are still among our most popular itineraries today. You’ll travel around California (nudging into neighbouring Nevada and Arizona), visiting great cities like Los Angeles and Las Vegas. You’ll drive along Route 66 and visit the spectacular scenery of Yosemite National Park. We’ll also spend two nights in Flagstaff: gateway to the awe-inspiring Grand Canyon.
Transport from the UK
International flights. Prices are based on return flights with Virgin Atlantic from London Heathrow.
12 nights in hotels and 1 in flight