Wonders of Jordan - October 2024
- See the capital city of Amman and the well-preserved Roman town of Jerash.
- Journey on the significant historic King’s Highway, passing Mount Nebo and stopping at Madaba and Kerak Castle.
- Uncover the Lost City of Petra, a fabled trading centre for thousands of years and one of the 'New Seven Wonders of the World'.
- Take a drive through Wadi Rum and pass through magnificent canyons and valleys that rise from the red sand.
- Enjoy four free days in Aqaba relaxing by the Red Sea or exploring the local area.
Jordan sits at the heart of the ancient world. This region, known as the Cradle of Civilisation, is full of remnants of the past with astonishing landscapes and monuments. On our tour of Jordan, we'll explore a historic Citadel situated at the heart of this modern metropolis of Amman. Follow in the footsteps of Romans in Jerash. Experience the legendary natural phenomenon of the Dead Sea while floating in the waters of the Dead Sea. Visit the biblical site of Mount Nebo, where Moses saw the Promised Land and the legendary Lost City of Petra. Marvel at the spectacular sandstone structures in this treasure trove of architectural surprises hidden along the narrow gorges. Watch magnificent cliffs and stone buttresses rise from the sea of red sand in Wadi Rum. Our journey concludes in Aqaba, where we'll stop for a five-night stay on the coast by the Red Sea. Here you'll be able to relax or explore the local area at your leisure. This holiday offers curious travellers a wealth of unique experiences and is perfect for those who'd love to learn more about the ancient history of this fascinating country.
- 11 nights’ accommodation
- Return flights
- Daily breakfast, 5 dinners
- All local taxes and transfers
- 8 visits and tours as mentioned
- The services of a Riviera Travel tour manager