Gardens of Devon & Cornwall
- Bonython Estate Gardens – Exclusive visit and talk by the owner and creator of the garden plus tea and homemade cakes
- The Garden House including tour by the Head Gardener and a Devonshire Cream Tea
- Wildside – Exclusive visit to Keith Wiley’s garden, where areas of planting in the garden are inspired by travels around the world
- Exclusive on board programme of gardeners’ get-togethers with your host
Join BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine Associate Editor, David Hurrion, as he hosts this delightful cruise visiting gardens in Devon and Cornwall. Bonython Estate Gardens - The Garden House - Wildside with Exclusive on board programme of gardeners’ get-togethers with your host
Elegant Braemar is the shortest of Fred. Olsen's four smaller, friendly ocean-going cruise ships, with dimensions perfect for cruising picturesque, size-restricted rivers and docking in the heart of fascinating towns and cities. From her five deck high atrium area, you have access to the Fitness Centre, Palms Café, Coral Club and Thistle Restaurant, making it the focal point of the ship. Enjoy a tasty lunch at the Palms Café and a delicious dinner in the grand Thistle and Grampian restaurants. Refresh at the Marquee poolside bar or have a cosy drink in the Morning Light Pub. Spin to the music at the Neptune Lounge, and take afternoon tea in the Coral Club, or leave the world behind in the Atlantis Spa.
- Visits to Bonython Estate Gardens from Falmouth, The Garden House and Wildside from Plymouth
- Cruise aboard Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Braemar
- Comfortable, stylish rooms equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
To Book your place on our Gardeners’ Cruise call now on 0800 170 7233 quoting Gardeners’ World.
Terms & Conditions: This group departure is organised by Connoisseur Travel Services Ltd ABTA No Y6595 for BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine. Connoisseur Travel Services Ltd is fully ABTA protected and is acting as agents for Fred.Olsen Cruise Lines and is subject to their terms and conditions. Please note places of interest mentioned, apart from the included tours, are not included in the cruise fare and may be visited on optional tours. The experts hosting any of our cruises are subject to personal circumstances permitting. We plan to visit the gardens mentioned in the itinerary however we reserve the right to change a visit should circumstances become necessary. * Indicates anchor port. Images for illustrative purposes only. Flower displays may vary depending upon time of year of visit.
Day 1 Southampton
Join Braemar in Southampton, settle in and look forward to your evening ahead with dinner and entertainment.
Day 2 Falmouth
Located at the southern end of the Fal Estuary, Falmouth is a picturesque network of creeks & rivers and a fine example of just how beautiful Britain really is. Today you will join your fellow gardeners and host for an exclusive visit to Bonython Estate Gardens. Discover a unique combination of traditional horticulture infused with innovative tropical planting on this exclusive visit to one of the Great Gardens of Cornwall, the Bonython Estate Gardens. Enjoy an introductory talk by the owner and creator of the magnificent garden, Mrs Nathan who has passionately transformed the once traditional garden, personally planting every plant, with her South African roots reflected in the interesting array of species. Explore the stunning estate at your own pace. Stroll through the eighteenth-century Walled Garden, lined with colour-themed herbaceous borders, towards the traditional Potager Garden where many interesting fruits are able to grow thanks to the microclimate created by the garden’s ancient stone walls. Tea and homemade cake will be served in the thatched summer house.
Day 3 Falmouth
There will be time this morning to explore Falmouth on your own or join an optional ship tour before enjoying lunch on board. Braemar sails in the afternoon for Plymouth.
Day 4 Isles of Scilly
Cruising Isles of Scilly
Day 5 Plymouth
Plymouth’s thriving waterfront city boasts a selection of fabulous attractions, sights and experiences with a fascinating maritime history stretching back over several centuries. Today you will be in for a horticultural treat as your visits include The Garden House and an exclusive visit to Wildside.
The Garden House Visit.
On the edge of the mystical Dartmoor National Park, in a feast of colour spanning across eight acres of South Devon landscape, lies The Garden House. Explore and surround yourself in more than 6000 varieties of plants and flowers. Enjoy a guided tour with the Head Gardener and a local Devonshire cream tea in the Garden House.
Keith Wiley’s Wildside Garden
An internationally renowned garden where natural landscapes are the inspiration for planting. Keith is a proponent of a
‘new naturalism’ movement in gardening, seeking to work in harmony with nature and allowing plants to thrive as much as they would in the wild. The garden has three distinct areas, The Canyons, The Courtyard and The Lower Garden.
Day 6 Southampton
Just time for breakfast and fond farewells before you make your onward journey home.