Gardens of Ireland
- Hillside – a Plantsman’s garden
- Mount Stewart’s world-class gardens
- June Blake’s Garden & Hunting Brook Gardens – a double horticultural treat
- Exclusive on board programme of gardeners’ get-togethers with your host
Join BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine Associate Editor, David Hurrion, as he hosts this 9 night cruise visiting gardens in Ireland
Elegant Braemar is the shortest of Fred. Olsen's four smaller, friendly ocean-going cruise ships, with dimensions perfect for cruising picturesque, size-restricted rivers and docking in the heart of fascinating towns and cities. From her five-deck high atrium area, you have access to the Fitness Centre, Palms Café, Coral Club and Thistle Restaurant, making it the focal point of the ship. Enjoy a tasty lunch at the Palms Café and a delicious dinner in the grand Thistle and Grampian restaurants. Refresh at the Marquee poolside bar or have a cosy drink in the Morning Light Pub. Spin to the music at the Neptune Lounge, and take afternoon tea in the Coral Club, or leave the world behind in the Atlantis Spa.
- Cruise aboard Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Braemar
- Visits to Hillside Gardens from Cobh, Mount Stewart Gardens from Belfast, Hunting Brook and June Blake's Garden from Dublin
- Comfortable, stylish rooms equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
To Book your place on our Gardeners’ Cruise call now on 0800 170 7233 quoting Gardeners’ World.
Terms & Conditions: This group departure is organised by Connoisseur Travel Services Ltd ABTA No Y6595 for BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine. Connoisseur Travel Services Ltd is fully ABTA protected and is acting as agents for Fred.Olsen Cruise Lines and is subject to their terms and conditions. Please note places of interest mentioned, apart from the included tours, are not included in the cruise fare and may be visited on optional tours. The experts hosting any of our cruises are subject to personal circumstances permitting. We plan to visit the gardens mentioned in the itinerary however we reserve the right to change a visit should circumstances become necessary. * Indicates anchor port. Images for illustrative purposes only. Flower displays may vary depending upon time of year of visit.
Day 1 Southampton
Join Braemar in Southampton, settle in and look forward to your evening ahead with dinner and entertainment.
Day 2 Cruising
Day 3 Cobh, Ireland
The charming seaside town of Cobh famed for its brightly coloured harbour and impressive cathedral. Enjoy a garden visit today with your host to one of Ireland’s premier gardens, Hillside where you will be met by the owners and given a guided tour.
Day 4 Scenic Cruising
Dunmanus Bay, Bantry Bay, the Skelligs, Inishnabro, Tearaght Island, Cliffs of Moher
Day 5 *Galway, Ireland
Charming Galway offers delicious seafood, remarkable medieval history and dramatic west coast scenery. *Anchor port
Day 6 Scenic Cruising
Killary Harbour, Inishkea Islands, Arranmore, Tory Island, Lough Swilly
Day 7 Belfast, Ireland
From the birthplace of the Titanic to iconic City Hall, there’s plenty of historic landmarks and world-class visitor attractions which may all compete for you time. But our focus for today will be gardens and with a strong Mediterranean feel resembling an Italian villa landscape, the formal gardens of Mount Stewart are famed around the world. Home to plants from all corners of the world, there is something to see whatever the season. Enjoy your visit today to Mount Stewart Gardens.
Day 8 Dublin, Ireland
A horticultural feast awaits you today with visits to June Blake’s Garden and Hunting Brook Gardens the creation of Jimi Blake, the noted Irish horticulturist, teacher and plantsman. Both Jimi Blake and June Blake will be at their gardens to meet you and refreshments will be included in your visit.
Day 9 Cruising
Day 10 Southampton
Time for breakfast and fond farewells before you make your onward journey home