Scenic Fjords and Gardens of Norway
- Exclusive visit to Flor & Fjaere from Stavanger
- Exclusive visit to the Arboretum & Botanical Garden at Milde
- All-Inclusive drinks package
- Exclusive on board programme of illustrated Talks
- Exclusive Gardeners’ Question Time
- Drinks get-together
Your Scenic Fjords Itinerary
Tue 1 Sept
Join Braemar in Southampton, settle in and look forward to your evening ahead with dinner and entertainment.
Wed 2 Sept
A day at sea, cruising and time for you to do as much or as little as you wish with a variety of experiences, events, classes and much more to enjoy on board. Plus, join Tony for his illustrated garden talk with plenty of time for questions.
Thu 3 September
Behind the bustle of the prosperous and cosmopolitan Stavangerof today lie 1,000 years of ancient seafaring tradition and history. The old town, Gamle Stavanger, has narrow winding streets and ancient wooden houses gathered round an historic fresh fish and vegetable market
With a morning at sea, Braemar eventually arrives in Stavanger early afternoon where we will be ready for our afternoon garden trip. A visit to Flor & Fjaere starts off with a pleasant boat trip on the fjord before disembarking amongst a sea of flowers at this private run family estate.
Olav Bryn designs the gardens and park year after year. He spends the winter season planning and creating new combinations, finding new plants and flowers and looking for nuances not yet tried. This result is an explosion of colours.
Guides will be ready to share the history and their secrets and show you the beauty of these lush gardens plus give you an insight into the passions of 3 generations. Tea and coffee will also be served.
Fri 04 Sept
Seven hills and seven fjords frameHanseatic Bergen, a city steeped in maritime heritage. Of Bergen’s many attractions, the 900-year old UNESCO-listed Bryggen Wharf is a standout highlight.
Our garden trip this morning takes us south of Bergen to The Arboretum and Botanical Garden situated in idyllic surroundings at Milde next to the Fanafjord. Established in 1996 the Garden hosts 5000 plant species from all over the World and houses a Heather Garden, Japanese Garden and Alpine Garden. Enjoy a guided tour of this garden.
Sat 05 Sept
Situated deep within Nordfjord, Olden is your gateway to a plethora of natural wonders. The astonishing Briksdal Glacier and Europe’s largest inland glacier, Jostedalsbreen and Lovatnet Lake are particularly impressive and just a short trip away and may be visited on optional ship tours.
Late afternoon sceniccruising Nordfjord and Innvikfjord and by Hornelen – Europe’s highest sea cliff, providing unmissable photo opportunities.
Sun 06 Sept
Your final stop is at Eidfjord, for chances to see Vøringsfossen – one of Norway’s most famous waterfalls – in all its tumbling glory; or even visit the Hardanger Juice and Cider Factory to sample locally produced delights. Look out for the optional ship tours available to book.
Mon 7 Sept
Scenic cruising of Lysefjord, your last chance to capture the fjordland’s wondrous scenery, makes for a memorable finale to your holiday.
Exclusive Drinks Party – Join Tony for drinks before dinner
Tue 8 September
Exclusive Talk - Join your host today for an illustrated talk and time for questions!
Wed 9 Sept
Just time for breakfast and fond farewells before you make your onward journey home.
- 8 night cruise aboard Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Braemar
- Horticultural Highlights including 2 Garden Tours, hosted by Tony Russell, Exclusive on board Programme.
- All Inclusive Drinks Package.
- Comfortable en-suite accommodation with TV, hairdryer, safe and air-conditioning
- Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, five-course a la carte dinner, late night buffet and self-service tea & coffee, in-cabin sandwiches and snacks
- Varied daytime activities
- Swimming pools, jacuzzi & gym
- Choice of live evening entertainment including dancing and cabaret shows
- Baggage porterage to your cabin